Friday 15 July 2016

Netflix Pix: Thrillers

Last time I complained about having a massive pile of work to do, now that's over and done with for now, Ive got plenty of free time on my hands.
So what does one do in such a lazy situation you ask?
Netflix of course! Best source of entertainment when you just want to "switch off".
1-star Netflix flicks were always a turn off for me but lately I've realised that beggars cannot be choosers, and to be honest I've been pleasantly surprised with how decent some of their content is. Or maybe my standards are dropping, either way let's talk streaming.

I've been enjoying some of their thrillers lately and gotta mention some of these good 'uns:

The Invitation

Ok so a 3-star, pretty good rating for Netflix.
My rating: 4****

Plenty of clever symbolism and foreshadowing that led to a slow and steady suspenseful build-up. Keeps you guessing so read no further if you don't wanna ruin it!

I'm serious look away now and don't look until you see a big LOOK sign...

Spoiler (kind of): what happened to Claire? Did she drive off or did the big guy get her?? Hoping she made it haha creepy film!





LOOKLOOKLOOK


Moving on, let's talk about The Unlikely Girl- part French part English so be prepared for subtitles- I for one love a bit of culture in my movies. This was really good actually in spite of low-budget and newbie director. Got me reallyyyy into it even though it was the middle of the night/early morning and I was exhausted it kept me going! Definitely worth the watch I promise, just don't be expecting too much and you will really get into it.

Spoiler time! Safe word is Canoe!



So did the imposter really know what was going on with Celene and Mathieu or was it all a big mind game? I googled but had no luck, guess it could go both ways.



CANOE


So these were the two films that I feel deserved a mention and worth the watch.

Next time I'm talking Woody Allen with another Netflix find you just have to watch and I mean HAVE to.

To-be-continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.