Thursday 9 April 2015

Blog Post 11- Bean

Today is quickly developing into one of those "I've got a big pile of work to do but it's not gonna get done" kinda days. Who am I kidding, I've been having a whole month's worth of these... Maybe a lifetime's if I'm being brutally honest. I think a feel-good film is just what the movie doctor ordered.

I'm thinking something sweet, light and energetic... I got it! Maybe I'll pull out a Mr Bean flick! Haha I swear I spend so much time gushing over these deep, sophisticated, powerful films when sometimes it takes nothing more than a family favourite to liven up your afternoon and leave you on a high note.

My personal favourite is Bean. This is a classic in its own right. Everyone will remember the drawn-on Whistler's Mother face that had everyone laughing one good hearty guffaw. It takes films like these to sometimes slap us round the face with a whirl of humour and go "stop taking life so seriously and just live a little!"

Routine living can get you down for sure with all those daily stresses and chores. They can suck out all the fun of your day which is why sometimes you need to press pause and watch a man sneeze on a priceless work of art. It'll do ya a world of good!

Someone did once say that it's hard for a film to get you to cry but even harder to make you laugh! I happen to agree with that. Rowan Atkinson has given us this wacky character that delivers on this difficult task for sure. Mr Bean is the original funny-man! I love how no matter how much trouble he gets into, he always finds the most hilarious way out. Take the operation scene for example; only Mr Bean could wind up leading the surgery and manages to get the bullet (and his M&M) out with his bare hands and save the day.

If by any chance you've been living under a rock and haven't seen the movie:

Mr Bean is a gallery security guard who is thrown into Los Angeles, under false pretenses in order to unveil a very precious painting... *Cue ultimate opportunities for mischief*

It's just one of those films that never fails to get you in a good mood, so put all of your troubles out of your head, leave the impending work for another time and belt out some of your best cackles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.