Saturday 2 February 2013

Blog Post 2.

Silver Linings Playbook.

Wow, what a film!
Yesterday I heard about them re-releasing it or something, and there it is-
number 3 in the top 10, still going strong! Quite rightly might I add.

First, let's talk about the cast comprising of big names such as:
Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and the mighty Robert De Niro whom never disappoints.

...Need I say more?

Actually, for me, De Niro's knack for comedy really shined towards the end when he delivered this fantastic 'look' during the wildly entertaining dance scene. Funny, how such a simple gesture made an impact in the film enough for me to pick up on and dedicate a small paragraph to in this post.

Lawrence is definitely going places with that superb, raw talent this budding Hollywood actress certainly beholds. It's true that the main cast all seem to obtain this likeability factor, which radiates off screen. Chris Tucker's (Rush Hour) performance doesn't go unnoticed either, as a friend of Pat's, (the protagonist) from the mental facility they both stayed in.

To be completely honest here, I went in thinking 'here we go again, another typical rom com', despite Jonathan Ross' efforts to promote it in his interview with Cooper. Suddenly, within the first couple of minutes I scrapped my low expectations and was hooked.

To all that haven't seen it, I'd rather not give too much away about the plot, but all you really need to know is that it's the perfect combination of a deep, yet light-hearted drama film. This will all make sense if you see it.

I also really love the way Russell tackles mental disorder, tragedy and even racism in a refreshing way with a new, revitalising approach to the original love story. I can't promise it's for everybody, but if you appreciate a great film then you'll enjoy it-sorry my advice is a little vague.

"Let me tell ya. You gotta pay attention to signs. When life reaches out with a moment like this it's a sin if you don't reach back. I'm telling you. - Pat Sr.

See you all soon + thanks for reading~Athena